“Triple Treat” 5 Day/4 Night
The “triple treat” is a four day summer adventure based in Methven New Zealand. Activities involve, high and low ropes, abseiling, jet boating, river yakking and wilderness tramping.
Day 1 Arrival and Settle In
- Arrive into Christchurch where you will be met by your Full On Adventure Leader and transferred to your accommodation at Pudding Hill near Methven.
- Settle into your accommodation, unwind, take a walk and get ready for your evening brief.
- Optional – tour through Christchurch – see the extent of the recent earthquakes etc.
Day 2 Altitude and attitude at Washpen falls
- Awaken to a full cooked breakfast before boarding the coach for a transfer to Washpen Falls – home of the Giant Swing of Terror, leap of Faith and abseil.
- Spend the day exploring aspects of personal and leadership development and teamwork utilising high and low ropes courses, abseiling and a variety of team building initiatives
- Enjoy a packed lunch high up above the abseil platform with stunning views back down over the Canterbury Plains.
- Continue with further activities in the afternoon, and test your team skills in the final raft build challenge.
- Evening is spent back at Pudding Hill Lodge reflecting on the days experiences and how the insights gained can be applied to continual learning in wider life, as well as strating preparations for the following days tramp
- Dinner is a big BBQ outside in the shadow of Mt Hutt
Day 3 Tramping and getting out amongst it.
- After breakfast, pack your bacpacs and board the coach for the road end where the tramp begins.
- Mt Somers is an extinct volcano and stands guard to the upper Rangitata River and onto the Southern Alps. The walkway around Mt Somers is a popular and much loved 2 day tramp, showcasing a broad mix of stunning New Zealand scenery from distant snow capped mountains and glaciers, mountain streams, alpine flora and fauna, volcanic rock and beech forest.
- From the road end, we will tramp (hike) approximately 4 hours to a beautiful campsite where we will pitch tents for the evening and cook our meals over camping stoves.
- Evening is spent relaxing around the camp sire enjoying the bright stars.
Day 4 Tramping
- After a hearty hot breakfast cooked on a camping stove its time to break camp and continue the tramping adventure around Mt Somers.
- Learn outdoor skills including navigation, map reading, route finding and river crossing.
- Continue to enjoy the stunning and unique New Zealand scenery, as we descend from the alpine plateau and into the lush beech forest.
- Lunch on the way and enjoy a well-earned refreshing swim under the waterfall at Sharplin Falls near the end of the tramp.
- Travel by coach back to Pudding Hill for a hot shower and dinner.
Day 5 Jet boating and River yakking
- This is an awesome day – after a full cooked breakfast it’s time to head down to the Rakaia Gorge. The Rakaia River is a predominantly braided river system and regarded as not only one of the best examples of a braided river in the world, but also as one of the best salmon fishing rivers in the Southern Hemisphere. The Gorge part of the Rakaia is approximately 14 kms long and offers stunning scenery and some fun rapids.
- On arrival at the gorge you will be fitted into wetsuits, safety equipment and given a full safety brief before boarding the high powered jet boat for a serious blast upstream to the river yak put in.
- River yaks are serious fun, 2 x person inflatable kayaks. You will have the opportunity to learn how to handle the river yaks before departing with your guide downstream through the stunning Rakaia Gorge.
- Transfer back to Pudding Hill for a hot shower before departing back to Christchurch.